Rhode Island, Cape Cod, and Nantucket neckties.
Maybe I should know better, but I have a weakness for certain embroidered / emblematic ties. They’re usually polyester, generally bulky, and normally made on dated shades of navy, burgundy, or brown.
But there’s a clumsy charm that appeals to me, how the necktie becomes a blunt instrument of communication, conveying some trivial information about the man wearing it. Each of ties say one thing: “I like this place.” Maybe it’s “I am from this place,” or “I have visited this place,” but there’s no doubt, its means of expression is practically monosyllabic.
So while they’re not exactly fashionable, I kinda love them. Someone has to has to, right?
- thetailgatetramp reblogged this from sunshineandpearls and added:
- epcorganic reblogged this from eightinhand
- sunshineandpearls reblogged this from todaystie
- tiewords reblogged this from eightinhand and added:
- lafuguedantoine likes this
- gflair reblogged this from todaystie
- nakedniko reblogged this from todaystie and added:
- gflair likes this
- todaystie reblogged this from eightinhand
- eightinhand posted this